Plastic Pyrolysis and Product Characterization PhD Scholarship Denmark 2019
About Scholarships: The Technological University of Denmark is inviting applications for the PhD Scholarship in Plastic Pyrolysis and Product Characterization in Denmark 2019.
At the CHEC Research Centre, they focus on chemical engineering principles applied in combustion, harmful emission control, gasification, catalysis, continuous production of pharmaceuticals and advanced measuring technology. At BGG/CHEC they have large experience with pyrolysis processes and product characterization.
Recycling of plastic waste is gaining more attention and it presents an alternative to combustion or disposal of plastic waste. Some types of plastics, such as PMMA and PEX are not applicable for direct recycling and often it is impossible to separate different plastic types from other waste fractions. In such cases, pyrolysis may be an attractive method to recycle plastic waste by converting it to chemicals and fuels.
Worth of Award
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The period of employment is 3 years.
Candidates should have;
- A two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year
- Knowledge and/or experience with thermochemical conversion of biomass or waste materials
- Knowledge and/or experience with process optimization and product characterization (gas, oil, char)
- Excellent laboratory skills
- The Ability to work independently, plan and carry out experiments, be part of a dynamic group
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
How to Apply
- Please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet)
- Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration.
Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree but cannot begin before having received it.
Deadline: Application closes June 6, 2019.